Students - I have created a Google Classroom for each class I teach. Please click this link so you can log into Google Classroom.
Thursday, May 28, 2020
Last Day of School
Turning in Instruments/Equipment/Uniforms - It is time to clean out the band room and turn in instruments/uniforms/equipment. We have 2 days to make this happen. I will be in the room on May 21st and May 22nd from 9:00am-1:00pm. If you have an item checked out to you (Instrument(s), Jazz music folder, DL/WG costume, flag, rifle, sabre, other) you need to return the item(s). We need to get everything ready for next year. At this point in time I will not be checking out instruments or equipment for the summer. That might change later in the summer, but at this time we need all items back. This will also be the time to clean out your locker(s) and take all personal items home. All items left in the room will be thrown away.
I talked to administration and we came up with a plan to limit contact with everyone. Here is the plan.:
• If you have a fever do not come.
• You need to wear a mask when you are on campus.
• The pick-up will be outside the room on campus (not the back door). Please come from Orange Street. Do not walk through campus. The gate between the 600 and 700 buildings will be open.
• Have your parents park right outside the gate and you can walk on to campus. Please do not drive on campus.
• Remember we must all keep at least a 6 feet separation.
• If you see someone say hi and stay away.
• You can only come at the time you have signed up
• Here is the sign up - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0D48AAA62DABF94-instrument
• You will have no more then 5 minutes.
• When you arrive please wait at the orange cone before coming in the room. I will make sure only 1 student is in the room at a time.
• We will have a spot where we will line up all instruments and equipment.
• After you put your instrument/equipment down, you need to make sure your locker is cleaned out and check the lost and found pile.
• After you have you stuff you need to leave. Do not hang around.
• If you are late you will have to wait for an open time to go in the room
Q: I don’t have anything in the room and my instrument/equipment is in the room, do I need to come?
A: No, I will be collecting all instruments and equipment in lockers. As long as it is in the room I will check it in for you. If you have any items at home (mouthpiece, etc.) you will need to sign up and drop it off.
Q: I need to come and drop something off or pick up items, but I am not able to make those two days, what should I do?
A: Email me directly and we will try to work something out (this will be limited).
Q: Should I clean my DL/WG costume?
A: Yes, you need to clean it in lukewarm water with a little bit of shampoo. Make sure you rinse all of the soap out and hang it to dry. It will take about 2-3 days to completely dry. Do not wait until the last minute.
Q: I have stuff in my locker but I don’t want any of it, do I need to come?
A: No, anything left over will be thrown away for you.
Marching Band 2020 - Here is the Marching Band calendar for 2020-2021. I am also attaching the letter that is being sent home to all of the students signed up for band and Colorguard. If you do not receive the letter by June 30th, please email Mr. Fisk (email@example.com) to make sure you are on the list. At this point the calendar is finalized. We will be making adjustments to the schedule as needed. The district office will give us direction. I will be updating here on the website as I know more. Plan on checking the website throughout the summer for the updated information.
Calendar (Updated 5/8/20) Letter(English) Letter(Spanish)
Significant Events 2020-2021
Aug. 28 – Welcome Back Assembly (during school)
Aug. 28 – Home (Foothill) Football Game 7:00pm-9:30pm (call 6:00pm)
Sep. 9 - Parent Performance Showcase 7:00pm
Sep. 11 – Home Football Game 7:00pm-9:30pm (call 6:00pm)
Oct. 1 – Homecoming Assembly (during school)
Oct. 1 – Home Football Game (Homecoming) 7:00pm-9:30pm (call 6:00pm)
Oct. 3 – Tiller Days Parade 7:15am-3:00pm (7:30am)
Oct. 9 – Home Football Game (Junior HS) 7:00pm-9:30pm (call 6:00pm)
Oct. 16 – Away Football Game 7:00pm-9:30pm (call 5:30pm)
Oct. 22 – Home Football Game (Senior Night) 7:00pm-9:30pm (call 6:00pm)
Oct. 24 – Band Competition @ Irvine HS
Oct. 30 – Away Football Game 7:00pm-9:30pm (call 5:30pm)
Nov. 5, 6, or 7 – Possible Playoff Game
Nov. 7 – Band Competition @ TBA HS
Nov. 10 – Band Competition @ West Covina HS
Nov. 12, 13, or 14 – Possible Playoff Game
Nov. 14 – Band Competition @ Ramona HS
Nov. 19, 20, or 21 – Possible Playoff Game
Nov. 21 – Band Championships @ TBA HS
Nov. 27 or 28 – Possible Playoff Game
Dec. 5 – Possible State Playoff Game
Dec. 12 – Possible State Playoff Game
Calendars 2020-2021 School Year